Top 10 Best Dog Food for Cushing’s Disease
Cushing’s disease, yperadrenocorticism, is a condition that can affect dogs of any age but is most commonly seen in middle-aged to older dogs. The disease is caused by an excess of the hormone cortisol in the body, which can lead to various health problems.
- Top 10 Best Dog Food for Huskies to Gain Weight
- Top 10 Best Dog Food for Bernedoodles
- Top 10 Best Food Bowl for Dog with No Teeth
- Top 10 Best Dog Food for Less Poop
- Top 10 Best Dog Food for Weimaraners
- Top 10 Best Dog Food for Aussiedoodles
- Top 10 Best Dog Food for IBD
- Top 10 Best Dog Food for Urinary Crystals
- Top 10 Best Dog Food for Tear Stains
This buying guide will look at the best dog food for dogs with Cushing’s Disease in 2022 and help you choose the right option for your pet. We reviewed over 40 products on the market to help you choose the best one for your furbaby. But first, let’s discuss Cushing’s and dogs.
The Best Dog Foods For Cushing’s Disease
Diamond Naturals Grain-Free Whitefish & Sweet Potato Formula Dry Dog Food
- Diamond Naturals recipe has premium protein sources and is ideal for all life stages. It features a whitefish meal and has optimal amino acids for strong muscles. Other wholesome ingredients include sweet potatoes, blueberries, kale, and raspberries.
- This nutrient-rich recipe also contains proprietary probiotics for gastrointestinal health. It’s a grain-free and highly digestible recipe to support your dog’s digestive health. If you want a complete and balanced diet for your dog, this dog food is an excellent choice.
Nutro Wholesome Essentials Healthy Adult Weight Dry Dog Food
This adult dog food features high-quality, digestible protein as the primary ingredient. It also includes prebiotic fiber and antioxidants to support your dog’s digestion and overall health. The recipe has no artificial flavors, preservatives, colors, or GMO ingredients. Additionally, it is low in fat and has moderate fiber content.
The Honest Kitchen Human Grade Grain Free Whole Food Clusters Dry Dog Food – Chicken
- This dry food offers premium nutrition and is easy on sensitive stomachs. The formula features dehydrated free-range chicken as the first ingredient. It also includes whole foods, prebiotic fiber, and probiotics to support digestive health.
- The recipe has moderate fat and fiber content, making it perfect for dogs with Cushing’s disease. Finally, there are no additives, preservatives, or artificial ingredients.
Wellness Core Natural Grain-Free Dry Dog Food Small Breed
- This tasty recipe is grain-free and protein-rich. It has moderate fat and low fiber content and is suitable for dogs with Cushing’s disease. It features deboned turkey as the top ingredient and delivers optimum nutrition for sensitive dogs.
- The recipe uses premium dietary sources of antioxidants and omega fatty acids for a stronger immune system. It also contains prebiotic fiber and probiotics to support digestive health. Deboned turkey is the top ingredient on the list.
IAMS Proactive Health Senior Dry Dog Food, All Breed Sizes
If you have a sensitive senior dog with Cushing’s disease, consider buying the IAMS Proactive Health dog food. This recipe has real chicken and whole grains and provides prebiotic fiber, probiotics, and antioxidant-rich ingredients. There are no artificial flavors, additives, or synthetic preservatives in this product. The formula also contains DHA, glucosamine, and chondroitin to support your dog as he ages. Finally, this food is low in fiber and fat content.
Hill’S Prescription Diet Metabolic Chicken Flavor Dry Dog Food
- If you’re looking for the best prescription diet, this one has everything you need. This prescription diet has moderate fat and fiber content and is nutritionally balanced for dogs with Cushing’s disease. It is also ideal for weight maintenance.
- This high-protein formula supports your dog’s vitality and overall health. It has a synergized blend of ingredients and delivers powerful antioxidants for a stronger immune system. This formula also meets specific nutrient standards to keep your dog’s urinary system healthy.
Weruva Paw Lickin’ Chicken in Gravy Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
- This recipe helps calm distressed gastrointestinal and urinary systems. It contains tender, boneless chicken in savory gravy. If you’re looking for a gourmet food option, consider the Weruva paw lickn’ wet dog food. It has low fat and fiber content and contains minimal carbs for a nutritious meal.
- This grain- and gluten-free dog food is perfect for sensitive dogs. It features a healthy blend of vitamins and minerals to meet your dog’s dietary needs. It’s available in a 12-pack of 14-ounce cans and smells delicious.
Nulo Freestyle Turkey & Sweet Potato Recipe Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
This canned food is grain-free and protein-rich. It features a delicious blend of turkey and sweet potato. You can use this as the primary diet for your dog or as a topper for dry kibble recipes. It has low fiber and moderate fat content to support optimal immune health and contains omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to support a healthy heart. It comes in a 12-pack of 13-ounce cans and is suitable for all breed sizes.
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Hydrolyzed Protein Canine Dog Treats
- The Royal Canin treats are perfect for dogs with food sensitivities and utilize hydrolyzed soy protein and prebiotic fiber for easy digestion. The treats have moderate fat and low fiber content. They are also low in purine and make excellent training treats.
- The formula promotes urinary tract health and discourages the formation of crystals. It’s the safest option for dogs with dietary allergies and can help manage Cushing’s symptoms.
- Cushing’s syndrome or Cushing’s disease happens when your dog’s body makes excessive cortisol. This hormone can help dogs respond to stressful situations, fight infections, and maintain their blood sugar levels. However, excessive cortisol in the body can cause problems.
- Surgery can cure dogs with Cushing’s syndrome. If your dog can’t have an operation, changing the diet can help control cortisol levels. Vets can also prescribe medication to manage this condition.