Top 10 Best Tasting Dog Foods
Our team went out into the field looking for the best canine nutrition products in the world. Our winner for this year is Pupper, which topped our charts in terms of ingredient quality as well as science backed claims.
- Top 10 Best Dog Food Supplements
- Top 10 Best Dog Food Storage Containers
- Top 10 Best Holistic Dog Foods
- Top 10 Best Dog Foods for Pancreatitis
- Top 10 Best Dog Foods for Australian Shepherds puppy
Dogs are known as man’s best friend for a reason. They are loyal, friendly, and always happy to see you. But did you know that they can also be some of the healthiest members of your family?
Dog food has come a long way in the past few years, and there are now many brands that offer high-quality dog foods that taste great and keep your dog healthy. In this article, we will discuss the 25 best tasting dog foods in 2022 as well as sharing some tips to ensure your dog is eating healthy every day.
- American Journey
- Purina Pro Plan
- American Journey Variety Pack Canned Dog Food
- Instinct Raw Boost
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection
- Taste Of The Wild
- Pupper Chicken Topper
- Nom Nom
- Blue Buffalo Divine Delights
- Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula
- Purina ONE SmartBlend
- Nature’s Recipe
- Rachael Ray Nutrish
- Iams Adult
- True Acre Foods
- Wellness CORE
- Diamond Naturals
- Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe
- Merrick Backcountry
- Annamaet Dog Food
- Nature’s Logic
- Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Real Beef and Brown Rice Recipe
- Solid Gold Star
What makes a dog food become the best tasting dog food?
- Well, first and foremost the best tasting dog food has to be nutritious. It also has to have that certain “something” that makes your pup go crazy for it.
- There are all sorts of different flavors and types of dog food that can make it the best tasting dog food. Some dogs love meaty flavors, while others prefer something a little sweeter. There are also plenty of options for dogs with sensitive stomachs or allergies.
What meat flavors do dogs seem to love?
- Beef, chicken, and turkey are all popular flavors that dogs enjoy. These flavors offer a variety of nutrients that your pup needs to stay healthy and happy.
- There are also a variety of fruits and vegetables that can be added to these meaty flavors to create the best tasting dog food. Sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, and apples are all great options.
Will a picky dog starve itself?
A dog will never starve itself, but a picky one may go without food for around two days if not presented with its preferred food. However, you shouldn’t wait that long as it is not healthy for a dog to stay hungry for too long.
How do I know my dog is a picky eater?
If your dog refuses to eat one dog food but would easily eat another without much fuss, it means your dog is a picky eater. Picky eaters do not have a lower appetite; they want to eat tastier food.
10 Best Tasting Dog Foods for Picky Eaters
In my article, you can find many tips on what to do if your dog doesn’t eat food. Below I have collected all the sympathetic dog food you can feel free to give to your picky dog. All products comply with the AAFCO nutrient profile guidelines for dogs. At the end of the section, I choose my favorite one but feel free to experiment with flavors and brands.
The Honest Kitchen Turkey Recipe
- Free of grains, corn, wheat, soy, and added sugars
- Contains no by-products, preservatives, GMO ingredients, and chemicals
- Made with real free-range turkey, fruits, and vegetables
- Dehydrated whole foods maintain their vitamins and minerals
- Made in the US
There are dogs who don’t like commercial food so much. There may be several reasons for this. They may prefer natural flavors and textures. They may also have been given too much homemade dog food or treats.
Whatever the exact reason, be sure to consider The Honest Kitchen Turkey Recipe. This dog food tastes very good and is a perfect solution for picky eating dogs. Real free-range turkey, fruits, and vegetables make this recipe really unique. It is 100% human-grade, which means it contains only premium quality ingredients.
Savory flavor can be quite tempting for dogs, and you don’t have to be afraid of harmful ingredients either. The product does not contain grains, GMOs, artificial additives, and antibiotics. Serving is easy, all you have to do is add water.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe
- Contains omega fatty acids
- LifeSource Bits provide antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- High protein content with real chicken
- Contains healthy carbs like sweet potatoes and peas
- Free of by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors, and preservatives
It is no accident that this product was at the top of my list. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe is a simple dog food with premium ingredients. It contains real chicken, which dogs really like.
The development was based on the diet of the ancestors of the dogs. Your pooch will also instinctively love its taste. But it’s not just because of the taste that it’s worth buying this dog food.
The recipe contains all the nutrients needed for overall health. LifeSource Bits, developed by Blue Buffalo, provides important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
The food does not contain grains, wheat, corn, soy, and artificial ingredients. Because of this, dogs with sensitive stomachs can also eat it.
Rachael Ray Nutrish Dish Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe
- No by-product meal, fillers, added artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Rich in fibers and vitamins
- Real U.S. farm-raised chicken
- Free of gluten, corn, wheat, and soy
- Added flaxseed and poultry fat
Rachel Ray makes excellent food that is not only mouth-watering but also healthy. If you choose the Natural Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe, your picky dog is guaranteed to love your meals.
The product contains meat kibbles and vegetable kibbles. This is very positive for me, and dogs also love this eating experience. This dog food contains only natural ingredients. The source of protein is chicken, carbohydrates are provided by brown rice, fruits, and vegetables. And that’s not all. The recipe does not contain fillers and artificial additives, chemicals.
Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Salmon & Peas Recipe
- Supports lean muscle mass and a healthy heart
- Free of grains, chicken, and egg proteins
- 80% animal-based proteins
- Contain Vitamin B and probiotics
- Contains calcium, phosphorus, wholesome vegetables and fruits
If your dog is bored with the usual chicken and beef recipes, you might want to consider this dog food.
Nulo Freestyle Grain-Free Salmon & Peas Recipe contains 80% real meat. The sources of protein are salmon, turkey, menhaden, and lamb. This product is a perfect choice if you want to feed your dog something else instead of chicken.
But that’s not the only advantage. In addition to good taste, it is also healthy. Added vitamins and probiotics take care of that.
Wellness CORE Grain-Free Original Deboned Turkey
- Includes premium proteins, fruits, vegetables, and wholesome grains
- Free of by-products, fillers, corn, soy, wheat, gluten, and artificial ingredients
- Helps optimize overall health
- Contains omega fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- Encourages lean body mass and muscle tone
Last but not least, here is a Wellness product that I really like. Contains especially premium ingredients. The recipe tastes like chicken and turkey, which is a favorite of almost every dog. In addition, mouth-watering kibbles even contain fresh vegetables and fruits.
In addition to flavor, it is important for its healthy vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Due to the added probiotics and omega fatty acids, this is an excellent product that is a good choice for fussy eaters.
Instinct Original Grain-Free Recipe With Real Chicken
- Cage-free chicken is the first ingredient
- 70% real animal ingredients and nutritious oils
- free of grains, potato, corn, wheat, soy, by-product meal, artificial
- Contains natural probiotics, natural omegas, and antioxidants
- Made in the US
If your picky eating dog likes the Biologically Appropriate Raw Food diet, be sure to consider this product. Instinct Original combines the benefits of commercial food and raw food. Certainly, none of the dogs will be able to resist the special texture of kibbles.
The recipe provides a balanced and healthy diet with added antioxidants and probiotics. It is likely that your dog’s appetite problems will be solved with this product.
Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Grain-Free Turkey & Potato Recipe
- Limited-ingredient diet for adult dogs
- Can be mixed with dry food
- Tasty wet food
- Real turkey is the protein source
- Free of grains, by-products, corn, wheat, soy, and artificial ingredients
Thanks to the Blue Buffalo Basics Limited Ingredient Recipe, dogs don’t have to give up good flavors even if they struggle with sensitivity. Because of the turkey, potatoes, and broth, I don’t think there is a dog that can resist this product.
The ingredients are of high quality, easy to digest, and contribute to the balance of the food. Omega fatty acids contribute to the health of the skin and coat of dogs.
As this dog food does not contain grains, chicken, beef, dairy, eggs, grain, by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors, or preservatives, it can be safely consumed by especially sensitive dogs. The canned wet form contributes to healthy hydration and results in a pleasant texture.
Crave High Protein Chicken Adult Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Real, farm-raised chicken as the very first ingredient
- 34% protein content
- Free of by-products, soy, corn, wheat, and artificial ingredients
- Provides the best nutrients
- Made in the US
If you have a picky eating dog, Crave’s product is something to keep in mind. The recipe is very simple but extremely delicious. The primary source of protein is real chicken, which is very nutritious and dogs love it.
It also contains a pork meal, which gives this dish its special and delicious taste. Dogs with sensitive stomachs can also consume it as it does not contain by-products, soy, corn, wheat, and artificial ingredients.
Nutro Hearty Stew Tender Chicken
- Features a savory gravy
- Made with non-GMO ingredients
- Real chicken is the very first ingredient
- Free of by-product meal, corn, soy, wheat, and artificial ingredients
- Made in the US
This food is a stew made practically from pork and chicken. Your dog won’t need more than that. The recipe is rich in protein and provides all the other nutrients you need. It’s free of grains, by-products, additives, fillers, and artificial ingredients. The result is a premium quality mouth-watering dog food that even the pickiest dog will love.
Wellness Ninety-Five Percent Chicken
- Savory and tasty
- Free of by-products, wheat, corn, soy, and artificial ingredients
- Tasty and fresh
- Contains high-quality chicken
- Formulated by nutritionists, and veterinarians
Some dogs don’t need to mix a wide variety of flavors. Your dog may not like to eat because he wants something simple. Well, this recipe guarantees this to the maximum. It contains 95% chicken, which far exceeds the meat content of the other products on my list.
Of course, this also means that it does not contain any questionable or harmful ingredients. You can give this food on its own to your dog or mix it with other foods.
Purina Pro Plan Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach
- Good for dogs with sensitive skin and stomach
- Contains omega fatty acids
- Highly digestible without corn and soy
- Features real, nutrient-rich salmon
- Fortified with live probiotics and prebiotic fiber
If you are tired of your dog constantly refusing food, be sure to try this Purina product. Since one of the main reasons for picky eating may be some sensitivity or intolerance, this recipe offers a solution.
Purina Pro Plan Focus Adult Sensitive Skin & Stomach Formula provides all the necessary nutrients, yet is delicious and healthy. It also contains omega fatty acids, so your dog’s skin and coat will also benefit from this food.
Stella & Chewy’s Venison Blend Dinner Patties
- Free of grains, gluten, fillers, artificial preservatives or colorings
- Enhanced with probiotics to aid in healthy digestion
- Made with grass-fed venison and lamb
- Real raw nutrition
- Made in the US
Stella & Chewy’s Venison Blend Dinner Patties could by no means be left off my list. If your dog is bored with the usual flavors of regular food, be sure to consider this product.
The food contains novel proteins that are not only nutritious and delicious but do not cause allergies or irritation. The added bones provide extra nutrients and an exciting chewing experience. Your dog will surely love this product.
Blue Buffalo Freedom Adult Chicken Recipe
- Free of wheat, grains, by-products, corn, soy, and artificial ingredients
- 12-pack of 12.5-ounce cans
- Contains high-quality chicken
- Contains complex carbohydrates
- Easy to serve
I have to admit that I really like Blue Buffalo products. Almost every list on my list has this kind of dog food. The current one also includes two of them. This is a very simple recipe that contains few ingredients. Thus, it is also suitable for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
However, it is also delicious, so if your dog constantly refuses food, you can try this product. High-quality chicken provides the proteins. Carbohydrate sources are carrots and peas, which are well digestible and complex.
Does Raw Dog Food Taste Better Than Kibble?
- Some people believe that raw dog food tastes better than kibble, while others say the opposite. There is no right or wrong answer, as each dog’s individual preferences will differ.
- However, it is important to make sure that your dog is getting all the nutrients they need from their diet regardless of what form it takes. Talk to your veterinarian about what type of food is best for your pup.
What is the tastiest dog food for picky eaters?
- If you have a picky eater at home, you know how frustrating it can be to find a food that they will actually eat.
- There are so many brands and flavors of dog food on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. Our list featured here today will help you choose the best tasting dog food for your picky eater, puppy, senior dog, or teenager dog.
- From grain-free options to limited ingredient diets, we’ve got you covered. Don’t give up on finding the perfect food for your pup – keep trying different brands and flavors until you find one that they love. And, most importantly, consult with your veterinarian to make sure that the food you’re feeding them is nutritionally complete and balanced.
What Else Can You Do to Make Your Fussy Friend Eat?
Besides changing the food to something more flavorful, here are a few more things you can do to make your dog eat its meal without the fuss.
- Keep things Interesting – You can make mealtime interesting with the help of an attractive dog food dispenser.
- Stick to the Schedule – Make a regular meal schedule and stick to eat. Do not feed your dog table scraps or treats in between meals.
- Be Observant – Keep and eye for stressors that might make your dog fussier or skip meals and try to avoid situations that can cause stress.
- Introduce Variety – Some dogs can get bored with their food. Try different varieties to keep things interesting.
- Post-meal Playtime – Some activity before mealtime can enhance your dog’s appetite.
What to Look for In Dog Food for Picky Eaters?
While I’ve established that every dog can have a different preference, there are a few ingredients that are generally tastier and more flavorful. So, look for more of those ingredients:
- Animal Fats – Some fat is essential for dogs. It also makes food taste better. Look for food with animal fat. Just make sure you know the amount of fat your dog can safely consume per meal.
- More Meat – Almost all dogs enjoy meat. So, if your dog doesn’t show interest in any food, in particular, it may be because of a lower amount of meat. Sometimes dog foods can contain a lot of non-meat proteins. So, look for a different product with more meat proteins.
- Broth – Picky dogs love wet food more than kibble. Look for food prepared in broth with savory gravy or stew for your fussy one.
- Greens – Fruits and vegetables can also enhance the flavor of food. Dogs love greens like spinach, broccoli, and Brussel sprouts. They also like pumpkin and sweet fruits.
As you can see, there are plenty of best tasting dog foods out there for your pup to enjoy. We wanted to make sure that we included a variety of options so that every person out there can find a flavorful brand of dog food that their furry friend will gobble down every time.
We hope this list has helped you narrow down the options and find the perfect food for your furry friend.