Dachshund free to good home near me
- Are you looking for free Dachshund puppies? Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you find your beloved canine companions from reliable sources. Before we begin, let us clarify that if you’re looking for free puppies, there’s mostly no such thing.
- Some costs are usually involved, such as veterinary, medical, or insurance charges. However, some places offer free puppies, such as individuals who have a litter to give away or those who cannot care for their pets anymore. But in these cases, credibility and reliability are a must.
Before Beginning Your Search For Free Dachshund Puppies
- Dachshunds show a wide variety of coloring: black and tan, black and cream, red, blue and cream, fawn and cream, solid black, fawn, chocolate, and red (to name just a few). Dachshund markings include brindle, dapple, double dapple, piebald, brindle piebald, and sable. Dachshund hair can be smooth and short, long, or wiry.
- They also show a difference in temperament based on the characteristics of their coat. Because the wire-haired Dachshunds have terrier in their lineage, they’re often less calm than their long-haired cousins, who are the quietest and calmest of the three types. Dachshunds with a smooth coat tend to have a personality that falls somewhere in the middle.
Feisty, Loyal and Playful
- Playful, feisty, stubborn, fond of cuddling…this little dog is a mixed bag. If trained well, Dachshunds can make excellent companions, steadfast family dogs, and even therapy dogs. If not, they can be overwhelming and a little difficult to control.
- Like with many dog breeds, it’s good to remember their original purpose, which is to be a hunter’s companion. All those qualities that can make a Dachshund exasperating are what also makes him uniquely gifted.
Ideal Pet Parent for a Dachshund
- Dachshund dogs love apartment life. Because of their small size, they don’t need a backyard, but they do enjoy going on walks outside. Dachshunds also love a challenge, and as long as you incorporate plenty of opportunities to chase and find things, you’ll have a happy dog.
- These dogs love their human parents, and really don’t want them to leave. Your dog may struggle more with separation anxiety, and when they’re missing you, they’re likely to chew. When you do leave your home without your dog, you may want to use a kennel.
- Read more on separation anxiety to help understand your dog’s perspective, and give ideas for addressing this anxiety at the root.
What You Should Know When Searching For Free Dachshund Puppies
Puppy scammers usually post information about fake litters online or pose as breeders to sell puppies. This is more common on websites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Craigslist, where scammers construct an entire profile and pose to be a reliable breeder by stealing information from them.
You could suffer a significant setback if you don’t check out your source carefully. For instance, you could receive a sick or injured puppy, or worse, never get a puppy, even after continuous communication and assurance.
The last thing we want is for you to become a victim of fraud, so here are some red flags to look for in the sources that are claiming to give you ‘free‘ or discounted puppies:
- Using copycat or online photos: Dog pictures are abundant online, and certain websites provide them for free. Unfortunately, scammers often use such images for advertising their animals. So, instead of relying on pictures, always search for the text in the ad to confirm that the seller is using an original photo, not a copied one.
- Lack of telephonic communication: Consider it suspicious if the seller does not communicate via phone or video call (if not in person) and prefers only emails or third-party communication. Reputable sellers will always provide a phone number and prefer to meet you personally to settle a deal. In addition, fake sellers are usually located outside the United States, which is why they hide their phone numbers and other personal details to avoid being trailed.
- Claims of breeder badges: Remember that the American Kennel Club (AKC) does not give badges to breeders. For example, if a seller claims to register their dogs with a particular organization, always contact the organization to double-check.
- Vague mode of payment: To avoid exposing themselves, fraudulent sellers usually ask clients to wire money, make payments via gift cards, or use apps like Venmo. These are incredibly unreliable and non-secure methods of payment, and if something goes wrong, it is doubtful that you’ll get a refund. Therefore, choose a credit card or PayPal to make payments since these are the most reliable payment methods.
So, let’s get you started and highlight some of the best options to adopt Dachshund puppies for free. We’ll guide you about things you need to look out for before taking a free puppy home.
People selling free puppies online often advertise through social media accounts. Although the credibility of these pages is doubtful, some of these sellers are devoted to finding forever homes for puppy litters and senior dogs. Here are a few Social Media pages offering free Daschund puppies.
You can also search for other pages in your locality:
Dachshunds Seeking Homes
This public group helps connect Dachshund owners with potential adopters looking for a Dachshund. It actively posts about Dachshunds and mixes that require rescuing or rehoming from rescue groups and private owners.
Free Dachshund Puppies for Rescue & Sale Near Me (FDPRS)
FDPRS is a Facebook page that claims to offer male and female purebred Dachshund puppies for adoption, completely free. The page’s owner states that all puppies are up-to-date on their vaccinations, have a one-year health guarantee, are potty-trained, and come with proper documentation.
Created recently in May 2021, the page is regularly updated with pictures and descriptions of available Dachshund puppies that require new homes. A phone number and email address are also provided for detailed inquiries. The page is also actively responsive to posts and messages. However, you cannot post freely and must become a group member.
Free Dachshund Puppies for Rescue & Sale Near Me Details
We hope our list of resources will help you connect with reliable and authentic pet enthusiasts looking to find loving homes for Dachshunds in need. Regardless of the resource you use to adopt a Dachshund for free, always verify their information and be wary of any red flags.