How Fast Can A Poodle Run?
It might surprise you how fast can a poodle run and that poodles are some of the fastest dog breeds in the world. With an athletic and muscular body built for speed, poodles are alert, intuitive, and intelligent dogs that enjoy running.
- Full Grown Morkie Poo Dog
- Lhasapoo Breeder: Lhasa Apso Mix Poodle
- Vizslapoo: Vizsla Poodle Mix
- Rattle Dog Breed: Rat Terrier Poodle Mix
- Pootalian Dog: Italian Greyhound Poodle Mix
- 10 Interesting Facts About Poodles
- Do Poodles Get Along With Cats?
- Broodle Griffon Puppies: Brussels Griffon & Poodle Mix
- Black Jackapoo Dog Puppies: Jack Russell Poodle Mix
- Black Mini Airedoodle Puppies: Airedale Terrier Poodle Mix
- Chow Doodle: Chow Chow poodle mix
- French Boodle Puppies: French Bulldog Poodle Mix
Although the American Kennel Association identifies Standard Poodles as “non-sporting” dogs, they famously competed in the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
Despite their French-style look, poodle breeding originally started in the region that is modern-day Germany. As hunting dogs, they needed strength, stamina, and speed to run, retrieve birds, work their way through dense and tangled forest underbrush, or race out into the cold water of lakes or ponds to fetch ducks for their owners.
Poodles aren’t just bred for show. In fact, they conceal a hard, athletic body under their signature curly hair.
The standard poodle, with its long legs and streamlined body, is the fastest kind of poodle, but miniature and toy poodles also make fantastic runners.
Are Standard Poodles Fast Runners?
With their high-class look, Standard Poodles can look more like show dogs than show-stopping runners.
For several hundred years, standard poodles remained the only poodle size. Known for speed and agility, these canine athletes are the largest size poodle bred today.
But standard poodles are also incredible athletes that can run flat out, reaching top speeds of 30 miles per hour with a burst of speed.
A standard poodle can run fast and with high intensity. This means a standard poodle can keep pace with you if you’re sprinting.