Medium Poodle Dog Breed Information and Pictures
The Medium Poodle is the second-largest variety of the Poodle family. Like the other Poodle breeds, the Medium variety makes an excellent family pet. They love having an active lifestyle and when they aren’t playing or roaming around, they will most likely be glued to their owner’s lap.
- Poodle Ear Hair Removal: A Step By Step Guide
- How to shave a Matted Poodle?
- Do Poodles Shed?
- Toy Poodle Dyed Hair
- Do All Poodles Have Curly Hair?
- 7 Poodle Mixes with Straight Hair
- Poodle Separation Anxiety
- Poodle Barking | Standard, Mini and Toy
- Poodle Temperament Problems and Behavior
- Senior Poodle Care | Standard, Miniature and Toy
- How Long Do Toy Poodles Live?
These dogs are very intelligent and that shouldn’t come as a huge surprise because Poodles, in general, are extremely smart and witty. The American Kennel Club does not recognize this size variety and places these dogs in the two other varieties – Standard and Miniature.
Medium Poodle History
What is a Medium Poodle?
- Height: 15 – 20 inches (38 – 50 cm)
- Weight: 20 – 30 pounds (9 – 13 kg)
Medium Poodle Health
- Eye problems
- Luxating patella
- Hip dysplasia
- Von Willebrands disease
Medium Poodle Suggested Exercises
What is the Medium Poodle Lifespan?
The average medium Poodle lifespan is around 12 years.
Medium Poodle Temperament
- This variety of the Poodle breed has a lively and active temperament. These dogs love being in the center of attention of the whole family and will do anything to achieve that goal. They will most likely try to make you laugh and don’t be surprised if these dogs try and outwit you. The Medium Poodles hate being left alone for too long and they can suffer from separation anxiety.
- These dogs make great family pets that are intelligent and great playing partners for children. This variety is the best for families with kids because they are not too small so a child can hurt them easily, and not too big to accidentally hurt a child while playing. They love spending time with kids and other dogs.