Best Poodle Names for females
So, you have a brand-new Poodle but are having difficulty coming up with any good Poodle names. There are far too many to choose from, and it can certainly seem overwhelming.
- Pudelpointer: German Water Poodle & British Pointer Mix
- Schipper-Poo: Poodle and Schipperke Mix
- Shmoodle: Mal-Shi & Toy Poodle Mix
- Chinese Crestepoo: Chinese Crested Poodle Mix
- Pooahoula: Catahoula Poodle Mix
- Eskapoo: American Eskimo & Poodle Mix
- Foodle: Poodle & Toy Fox Terrier Mix
- Foxhoodle: English Foxhound & Poodle Mix
- Do Poodles Like Water? Can They Swim in Pools?
- Poodle Pregnancy Period
- Poodle Lifespan Standard: How long do Poodles mixes live?
Poodles are intelligent dogs that have always been perceived as classy dogs, so finding just the right name is super important, especially since you need to live with this name for many years to come!
We collected over 150 names that we hope might be a good fit for your new Poodle. There’s everything from male, female, and genderless names to cute and classy names! We hope that you’ll find your dog’s name on our list or that we have at least inspired you to discover the perfect name for your beautiful Poodle.
How to Name Your Poodle
- You can start by using your pup’s color or size as inspiration for a name. You can also consider French names because Poodles hail from France. The French word for your Poodle’s coloring might end up being a great fit!
- There are also your favorite musicians and celebrities. Do you have a favorite character from a book, TV show, or movie? If a Poodle has a quirky personality or trait, many dog owners end up using this as inspiration for a name.
- We go over these ideas and quite a few other categories. We hope that you’ll find something that will be the perfect name for you and your Poodle.
Poodle Colors and Patterns
Before we start going over the names, let’s cover the various colors that Poodles can come in. These colors could help you think up a name as well.
Parti (white with another color)
- Café au Lait
If your Poodle is one of these colors, we have a list in this article that has a variety of different Poodle dog names for these colors.
Top Names for Poodles
Tips for Naming Your Dog
A poodle is a truly special and unique dog breed, so coming up with a name can feel overwhelming. That’s why poodle owners will want to be sure to consider factors like your new pup’s physical characteristics, personality, and coat. Just like naming a child, you’ll also want to consider how easy the name is to pronounce (it may be even more important when naming a dog, as you’ll want to be sure that he or she is able to learn their name). Additionally, it should be a name that you’ll be comfortable sharing with your friends, family, and veterinarian. Also keep in mind that you don’t necessarily have to name your dog right away — sometimes it can actually help to wait until you get to know them better before deciding.