Table of ContentsToggle
Best Shih Poo Breeders in Texas
Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for the best Shih-Poo breeders in Texas. How about some action, Shih-Poo style? If you’re looking for a dog breed with a name you’ll always laugh at, you’ve found it.
Shih-Poos are energetic, fun-loving dogs. It has a zest for life that is intoxicating. With his mix of Shih Tzu and Toy Poodle, it’ll keep everyone in the family entertained.
While it doesn’t require a lot of exercises, it is very spunky when it comes to playing and will wear its family down before he even tuckers out. Shih-Poos love to race around the house or yard.
They don’t care about where they are. Instead, they are aggressive and energetic balls of love. This crossbreed is the perfect pet for families living in small apartments or with large backyards in the suburbs. It doesn’t matter where you live. He will find a way to burn off that energy.
Shih Poo Puppies For Sale in Texas
Kimberlis Kuties Puppies
- Last on the list of Shih Poo breeders in Texas is “Kimberlis Kuties Puppies.” Kimberli, the owner of Kimberlis Kuties, is passionate about animals, especially dogs.
- Since 2000, she has been breeding stunning puppys in Lipan, Texas, on her 102 picturesque acres of farmland. A Kimberli baby is a happy, healthy, socialized, quality baby you can love and adopt into your family.
- Her adult dogs meet the breed standard and are in excellent health. The facilities are clean, and the dogs have been well looked after. She never hesitates to show interested parties around.
- AKC-approved and Texas-licensed. Before leaving, each Shih Poo puppy will be current on vaccinations, wormed, have dew claws removed, microchipped, and have a complete physical examination.
- A Puppy Starter Kit of IAM’s will be provided to your new Shih Poo, and the puppy kit will include a Vaccination Record as well. You will also receive her veterinarian’s name and contact information.
Kimberli’s Kuties Puppies Details
- Telephone: (817) 613-6219
- Location: Lipan, Texas 76462
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Kimberli’s Kuties Puppies
Faiths Little Angels
- Nick Melton and his mother Kathy run Faith’s Little Angels. In addition, he breeds adorable AKC registered Shih Tzu puppies at home. Occasionally, his litters will include Shi Chons (Teddy Bears), Mal This, Bich Poos, Shih Poos, and Sheepadoodles.
- His dogs and puppies are never caged unless traveling to the vet or flying to a new forever home. He strives to ensure that all of his puppies go to loving homes and become part of a family.
- Faith’s Little Angel welcomes any potential customers to stop by and see how they raise and care for their dogs and puppies. However, because of their morning routine with the dogs, they ask that visitation only occurs after 1:00 pm.
- Faith’s Little Angel specializes in chocolate liver Shih Tzu puppies, Shichon, Shih Poo, Bich Poo, Mal-Shi, and Sheepadoodle puppies. They love the color of the little chocolate puppies yet still maintain a standard of a friendly, healthy puppy.
- Black or black and white Shih Tzu puppies are occasionally available. While some breeders strive to produce tiny puppies, they are content with solid and well-socialized puppies.
- You might want to look elsewhere if you want to purchase a Shih Poo weighing less than 5 pounds because they don’t breed them that small. Faiths’ Little Angel only breeds healthy and quality dogs.
- They mostly have Chinese Imperial puppies, but occasionally one will be a little over 8 lbs. Most adult dogs gain weight as they age. Since Nick is a hobby breeder, he does not always have puppies available.
- You can check their website periodically for new litters, and they are happy to accept deposits for future litters. The New Arrivals Page of the website posts all upcoming litters and the date that the babies are born.
- It would be best if you kept an eye on that page. Before being placed in new homes, all puppies undergo a veterinarian examination and receive a health certificate. They are also microchipped. Every puppy comes with a health guarantee.
- They will have their dew claws removed, be dewormed, and have all their shots up to date. Your Shih Poo puppy’s tail will be docked. In addition to the health record, all puppies will come with a puppy kit containing a small bag of quality puppy food.
- A small toy, a washable puppy pad, and a blanket with the scent of mom and siblings are also included to help with the transition. Deposits of $250 will hold a puppy until they are ready for their forever homes.
Faiths Little Angels Details
- Telephone: (254) 646-3375
- Location: 13122 Lipan Hwy Lipan, TX 76462,USA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Faiths Little Angels
PuppySpot’s Shih Poos For Texas
- Since you’re searching for Shih Poo breeders in Texas, we highly recommend checking out PuppySpot. PuppySpot is a marketplace where you can browse for available Shih Poo puppies from the comfort of your home in Texas.
- The team strictly screens all Shih Poo breeders on PuppySpot, so you can rest assured knowing that your puppy will be safely shipped to your home in Texas. Before you continue on your search for a Shih Poo puppy for sale in Texas, check out the link below.
- Phone Number: (866) 269-1056
- Website: PuppySpot’s Shih Poos
Shih Poo Puppies in Texas
- Always a clown, Shih-Poos can cheer up even the saddest of people. Their magnetic personalities attract people of all ages. In addition, their loyal and loving nature makes them ideal companions, particularly for retirees looking for a pet to share their golden years with.
- It’s impossible not to smile when you have a Shih-Poo bouncing around your home. This Shih Tzu-Poodle mix dog is exceptionally intelligent but not ideal for beginner dog owners. If you’re not familiar with dog training, you may find them difficult to train since they’re stubborn and difficult to housebreak.
- Even the most experienced and patient dog trainers will have trouble training these fluff balls. In addition to his many names like Shoodle, Shihpoo, Shih-Doodle, and Shih-Poo, this sweet little hybrid offers a lot to his family.
How to Choose a Shih Poo Breeder in Texas
When you decide it’s the right time to get a Shih Poo puppy, you’ll need to look at where to find one.
Breeders can be anyone, so you should choose a breeder who:
- Breed healthy Shi Poo puppies free from genetic diseases.
- Keeps puppies and breeding dogs in a comfortable and clean environment that adheres to Texas state laws.
- Make sure that females aren’t overbred.
- Maintains the dog’s health.
- A good breeder will be there for you throughout your dog’s life, and that is one of the biggest benefits. Bring a list of questions with you to your first meeting with a breeder – you can never ask too many questions, and there is no dumb question.
- Watch how they react. Are they patient with your questions? Are they transparent in their explanations? Are you comfortable with them? They are happy to share their knowledge with responsible breeders. Breeders want their dogs to be in happy, loving, permanent homes.
- In addition, breeders should have a “cooling-off” window where you can return the puppy for a refund if there is an issue with it. Our recommendation is to bring your puppy to the vet as soon as you bring them home, so they can ensure they are a healthy and happy animal.
Get a Complete Medical History
Reputable breeders will be happy to provide proof of health screening such as OFA and CERF certificates. In addition, they will tell you if Shih Poos are prone to any long-term health conditions so you can plan accordingly.
See The Puppy’s Parents
The best way to predict how your dog will develop is to look at his parents. It will give you an idea of the dog’s temperament, size, and appearance.
Take Your Time
Breeders usually keep puppies at their kennels for the first two or three months of their lives, so they can mature and socialize with their mothers and littermates. In addition to giving you time to prepare your house for a new puppy and get the supplies you’ll need, this transition is essential.
Where Do You Find a Shih Poo Breeder in Texas?
People in the know can help you locate a good breeder.
- Your local veterinarian should recommend a good reference since they see a lot of puppies.
- Breeders who earn their reputation by supplying healthy puppies to good homes are often referred by word of mouth.
- Find out where your friend got their dog.
- You can also find local breed clubs on the AKC website and meet breeders at local dog shows.
Please get to know the breeder you are considering, and don’t forget that they want to get to know you, too. They will have a few questions for you since they want their puppies to have a loving home for a lifetime.
You will have questions for them since you want a healthy, happy puppy. Your breeder will be a great source of knowledge to you.
Even though we have listed the most significant points of each breeder, we highly recommend that you vet them yourself. Check out the websites of each breeder, but don’t stop there. Look up their Instagram accounts, if they have them, and read the comments.
Search the web for reviews. Reach out to their veterinarians, and you may even be able to find past adopters. A puppy is not only time- and money-consuming, but it is also expensive. Therefore, research is essential before becoming a Shih Poo parent.