Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue
Here’s what you need to know if you’re searching for Poodle rescues in Virginia. A Poodle, called a Caniche in French, and a Pudel in German, is a water dog breed. In terms of size, the breed is divided into four varieties: Standard, Medium, Miniature, and Toy, although the Medium Poodle is not universally recognized.
Find a Poodle Rescue Near Me in Virginia
Here is a list of the best Poodle rescues in Virginia. In no time, you should be able to adopt a furry friend.
Carolina Poodle Rescue
The Carolina Poodle Rescue is a private no-kill organization. They believe in and support Save Them All and spay/neuter initiatives. Dreamweaver Farm is the physical location where the dogs reside, whereas Carolina Poodle Rescue is their nonprofit rescue organization. The two names are sometimes used interchangeably.
They are a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Carolina Poodle spays or neuters all of the animals before they are adopted. Poodles, Poodle mixes, and other small dogs in need are given sanctuary and rehabilitation and rehomed when the right home comes along. As a result, almost all of their animals are placed on their waiting list.
At any given time, Carolina Poodle Rescue houses over 150 animals. Hundreds of volunteers support these dedicated people in many states, including the Carolinas, Virginia, New York, Texas, Georgia, and others. They reached the milestone of finding fur-ever homes for 5,000 dogs in June 2016. Adoption fees and donations are the only sources of funding for their work.
You can apply for a pet through Carolina Poodle Rescue’s website. Applications will be reviewed within 24-48 hours. Unfortunately, applications can sometimes be backlogged. They view themselves as matchmakers between you and their available dogs.
Therefore, most of their adoption requirements are on their Frequently Asked Questions page. If approved and believe you will be a good match, they will send you an email inviting you to visit their kennel. When the dog you are interested in is in a foster home, the foster home will contact you to see if you are a good match. The foster home will work with you on an excellent time to meet.
Carolina Poodle Rescue Details
- Location: 6705 Union Hwy Pacolet, SC
- Telephone: (864) 489-3559
- Website: Carolina Poodle Rescue
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: Carolina Poodle Rescue’s Instagram
- Facebook: Carolina Poodle Rescue’s Facebook
For the Love of Poodles & Pooches
- Poodles and Pooches Rescue of Richmond, Virginia, was founded in 2013 in memory of Callie and O’Brien, their founder’s beloved toy poodles. The goal of this organization is to provide compassionate care for their dogs while they are with them and find them loving, forever homes.
- They were founded on the belief that they can all make a difference in the world, one rescued dog at a time. In addition to small and midsized dogs, all breeds and mixes are now helped by the rescue. Most of their dogs have had rough starts in life, and they do everything they can to give them a wonderful life.
- To begin with, they make sure all rescues receive the medical attention they need. Then, they spay or neuter every dog before adoption to prevent unwanted litter. With training provided by their training partners and vets, they provide medical care that some rescues would not be able to provide. They restore sight, dental work, broken bones, and broken hearts.
- Working with their adoptive families, they ensure the dogs are happy and healthy for life. When adoption does not work out, the rescue dog should be returned to For the Love of Poodles and Pooches because the dog will always be considered one of the family, and they rescue for life. Their dogs are microchipped, so they can always find their way home.
For the Love of Poodles & Pooches Details
- Location: Richmond, Virginia
- Telephone: (804) 714-9300
- Website: For the Love of Poodles & Pooches
Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue
- Last on the list of Poodle rescues in Virginia is “Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue.” A 501(c)3 charity organization, SCPR is a dog rescue run entirely by volunteers and funded by donations. The rescue specializes in rescuing Poodles, Poodle mixes, Bichons, Maltese, Shih Tzu, and other non-shedding hypoallergenic companion dogs.
- The organization also rehomes dogs surrendered by their owners, who cannot look after them. The dogs are temporarily housed in private foster homes in the Northern Virginia area, where they are restored to good health before being evaluated for placement into a permanent home.
- The mission of Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue is to rescue companion dogs, especially seniors, from overcrowded shelters for euthanasia, providing them with the medical care they need to become healthy again and ready for adoption. They are proud to place dogs into forever homes that are perfectly matched with their families.
Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue Details
- Location: Fairfax, VA 22033
- Website: Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Somerset Cottage Poodle Rescue’s Facebook
Mid-Atlantic Poodle Rescue (MAPR)
- A group of volunteers from Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, called Mid-Atlantic Poodle Rescue (MAPR), helps find a loving home for abandoned, unwanted, or surrendered Poodles or mixed-bred Poodles.
- The Poodle Club of America Rescue Foundation Inc. is an independent rescue organization granted 501 (c)3 status by the IRS in 2011. MAPR does not have a facility. Animals surrendered by owners or pulled from shelters are placed in foster homes or other protected placements and cared for by volunteers until they are adopted.
Mid-Atlantic Poodle Rescue (MAPR) Details:
- Location: Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania
- Website: Mid-Atlantic Poodle Rescue
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: Mid-Atlantic Poodle Rescue (MAPR)
Where Do You Find Poodle Rescues in Virginia?
If you want to find a rescue, you should do your research. Many shelters and rescues do not post their listings on national websites, so it’s also essential to look at the shelters and rescues in your community. Visiting in person is also helpful. It only takes a glance into the eyes of an animal and falls in love.
How to Choose a Poodle Rescue in Virginia
Adopters, volunteers, and rescuers may look for specific characteristics to determine if a group is reputable. Here are some qualities of a good rescue group to look for:
- The organization is a 501(c)(3) charity. Verify with charitynavigator.org or the BBB Wise Giving Alliance. Review GreatNonprofits.org.
- The nonprofit has a board of directors and a large number of volunteers.
- Participates in adoption events regularly.
- A timely response to inquiries is guaranteed, and a phone call is available.
- Your questions about how the organization operates, how many animals they have and where they get them, how many adoptions they complete annually, how many foster homes they have, and their spay/neuter policy.
- The facility appears clean and well-organized, and the animals appear healthy and fed. As a foster home-run organization, the ratio of foster homes to total animals isn’t alarming.
- The shelter complies with local laws regarding the number of animals per residence and other laws related to running a shelter, such as having a kennel license.
- Veterinarians, animal shelters, and pet owners have a positive reputation.
Poodle Rescue Shelters in Virginia
- Poodle lovers typically describe the breed’s personality with four adjectives: intelligent, loyal, loving, and mischievous. In addition to its air of distinction, the Poodle is also known for its dignified attitude. Poodles have a goofy streak and love to play – they’re always up for a challenge.
- It is also amicable and eager to please people—this, combined with its legendary intelligence, results in a highly trainable dog. Poodles that have been trained in good canine manners have a calm disposition, especially if they get enough exercise to burn off their natural energy.
- Some owners think Toy and Miniature Poodles are more high-strung than Standard Poodles; however, others disagree with this theory. Poodles are protective of their homes and family, and if strangers approach your home, they will bark to warn you. As a result, it may take a while to warm up to new people, though it’s affectionate with its family. The intelligence of the Poodle sets it apart from other breeds.
- Human-like intelligence is often attributed to this creature, a cleverness that astonishes those who own it. However, intelligent dogs can sometimes be challenging to live with. Learning is fast, and they remember everything – good habits and bad. Poodles can live in any dwelling, from apartments to estates, as long as they are given plenty of exercises and human companionship.
You’re sure to find the dog you’re looking for by looking through this list of Virginia’s Poodle rescues. Consider adopting a dog instead of buying one. Shelters have so many dogs that need a good home. These organizations help you find the perfect pet for you, ensuring that every dog is healthy and happy.
Each dog is sterilized and microchipped before being adopted. You can be sure that your money is going towards helping other animals in need when you purchase from one of these organizations.