Whipoodle: Whippet Poodle Mix
The Whippet Poodle Mix, also known as the Whipoodle, Whippadoodle, or Whipoo, is a medium-sized dog that is a mix of the English Whippet and Standard Poodle. This is typically a medium and flat haired dog that can range in a variety of multi-colors or be a standard black. The Whippet Poodle mix is increasing in popularity because they are allergy-friendly dogs (hypoallergenic) that typically shed little to no hair. In addition, the Whipoodle is small enough in size that they can do well in a small house, apartment, or condo as long as they get some regular exercise outside. Breeding a Whippet Poodle mix brings out some of the best genetic traits between the two different breeds.
- Poo-Shi Dog: Poodle Shiba Inu Mix
- Portuguese Water Dog Poodle Mix
- Miniature Poodle vs Standard Poodle: What’s The Difference?
- Sheltidoodle: Sheltie Poodle Mix
- Shar-Poo Dog: Shar-Pei & Poodle Mix
- Pootalian Dog: Italian Greyhound Poodle Mix
- Sammypoo Dog: Samoyed Poodle Mix
- Brittnepoo Puppies: Brittany Spaniel Poodle Mix
- How Much Does a Poodle Cost?
- How Do I Help a Fat Poodle Lose Weight?
- 150+ Cute Poodle Names
- Are Poodle Hunting Dogs?
- Vizslapoo: Vizsla Poodle Mix
- Chow Doodle: Chow Chow poodle mix
- French Boodle Puppies: French Bulldog Poodle Mix
- Pit Boodle: Pitbull Poodle Mix
- Belgian Shepadoodle: Belgian Sheepdog Poodle Mix
If you’re looking into getting one of these Whipoo dogs, you’ll have to make sure that you can care for both the Poodle and Whippet personalities and temperaments. Since the Whipoodle isn’t going to be a 100% purebred dog, they can oftentimes range in a variety of different genes that are inherited from the Whippet and Poodle. In general, this breed will be a high energy dog that will love to run and play with you outside. Other interesting and upcoming doodle breeds to consider are the Sammypoo, and Shepadoodle.
What is a Whippet Poodle Mix?
A Whippet Poodle mix has tons of nicknames, but the most common is the Whipoodle, Whippadoodle, and Whipoo. I’ve also seen nicknames like the Whippy Poo or Poopet. In general, this breed is a cross between the English Whippet and Poodle dogs.